Hi Dan, On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Daniel Hooper <[email protected]> wrote: > What's the best way to graph or log them with 3550 switches? > > I once had a windows application that could do 1 second polls on interface > counters that was really good, but I can no longer find this piece of > software or even remember what it was called.
I'm not sure this method is supported on the c3550 but it could be worth investigating -- http://blog.ioshints.info/2009/11/detect-short-bursts-with-eem.html The other thing I thought of when I saw your post was to use the 'snmpdelta' utility (bundled with net-snmp) to watch the output discards counter for the interface(s) you're interested in. This is essentially the same idea that others have suggested but if you have any Linux/BSD/*NIX systems you might find 'snmpdelta' is already installed and ready to go. It can spit results in out tabular form so the output is easy to work with. Cheers, Dale _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
