On 2011-04-18, at 20:24, Chris Mason wrote: > > When EIGRP is redistributed to BGP the Cost Community is added to the > > prefix - it's basically FD for EIGRP. > > This is where I think the problem is, but didn't believe that CC was > compared until later down the BGP Path Selection Algorithm - by > setting weight I preferred a path before that comparison was made: > > As per CCO > (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/s_bgpcc.html): > > The cost community attribute influences the BGP best path selection > process at the point of insertion (POI). By default, the POI follows > the IGP metric comparison. > Cisco implements two types of POI as defined in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-retana-bgp-custom-decision-01 ABSOLUTE_VALUE and IGP_COST.
Cost:pre-bestpath means absolute value which is compared as FIRST step even before weight. BTW: This document is wrong: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094431.shtml It was different and correct just couple weeks ago because I was referring to it in some of my slides. This is not true that Cisco implements only IGP_COST! > > > I will give it a try and see if it resolves the problem. If you have simple topology you can also configure this: bgp bestpath cost-community ignore Cheers, klaus € _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
