> Cisco implements two types of POI as defined in 
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-retana-bgp-custom-decision-01
> ABSOLUTE_VALUE and IGP_COST.
>
> Cost:pre-bestpath means absolute value which is compared as FIRST step even 
> before weight.
>
> BTW:  This document is wrong: 
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094431.shtml
>
> It was different and correct just couple weeks ago because I was referring to 
> it in some of my slides. This is not true that Cisco implements only IGP_COST!

Thanks, this makes sense and applying it to my BGP peer has fixed the
issue. I initially ruled out cost community as I didn't think it would
take priority over weight.

>> I will give it a try and see if it resolves the problem.
> If you have simple topology you can also configure this: bgp bestpath 
> cost-community ignore

Thanks,
Chris

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to