Nexus 5548 (with L3 daughter card, if required)?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dan Letkeman
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:50 AM
To: cisco-nsp
Subject: [c-nsp] Core: 2x4948 or 1x4503

Hello,

We are looking at replacing our core switches (2x3560G).  I'm looking at a few 
options, but the ones that interest me the most is the 4948E-E, and the 4503-E 
w/two 48 Port line cards and a SUP 6L-E.  As far as bandwidth required, we have 
three esx hosts and two san's.
About 40 vm's.  We do have some fiber trunks to various different buildings so 
the 4948E's look like a better choice because they have the sfp slots built in.

The main thing i'm looking at, is to setup redundancy to the esx hosts & san's. 
 I've read alot about people using 3750G's in a stack, but I really wanted to 
get away from the 3750's and 3560's because of the output discards from micro 
bursts.

Any suggestions?

Dan.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to