Hey Marlon,

Over what kind of Layer 2 interface are you planning to run MLPPP?

I think Agilent N2X (Now IXIA N2X) can do PPPoE/PPPoA testing with
appropriate software licences. However, with N2X you are limited to Ethernet
and ATM/FR (STM-x/OC-x) interfaces. I do not know if they have any specific
_MultiLink_ PPP support in the software though (does MLPPP even exists as a
concept on non-E1/T1 interfaces?)

For E1/T1 interfaces there are not so many choices. A couple of years ago, I
was trying to find tester that would speak MLPPP over E1/T1 interfaces. The
closest thing I found was a test equipment from a company called GL
Communications (http://www.gl.com/pppanalyzer.html). I never ended up buying
the MLPPP license for this box due to low-port density (the USB version
comes with two E1/T1 ports).

-Juuso

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Marlon Duksa <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi everyone - does anyone know of a MLPPP testing gear. I need to test the
> scalability of MLPPPoE/oA but have not find anything useful (Spirent does
> not support it for sure nor does the original  Ixia. I'm checking if at
> least N2X arm of Ixia has something).
>
> Thanks,
> Marlon
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to