On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 10:01 +0200, Matteo Castelli ML wrote: > I am starting a project to implement VRF-lite for some customers, > does anybody know (or have a link to some Cisco documentation) the > maximum number of VRF-lite instances in the different ISR G2 routers > models of Cisco?
I tried creating a bunch of VRFs on a plain 2801 with 128M RAM running 12.4(24)T3 Enterprise Base. It's not a G2, but the results should not be worse. It seems that the number of VRFs is only limited by memory. Statistics for processor memory: #VRFs Total(b) Used(b) Free(b) Lowest(b) Largest(b) 300 55234624 33762740 21471884 21387108 21400832 400 55234624 38923612 16311012 16234112 16255268 500 55234624 44236524 10998100 10934664 10919836 600 55234624 49404172 5830452 5754544 5763496 700 55234624 54614228 620396 557736 555396 After the 700th VRF the box logged this: 005493: Jul 13 10:26:52.299 CEST: %AAA-3-ACCT_LOW_MEM_TRASH: AAA unable to handle accounting requests due to insufficient processor memory and could be trashing the queued accounting records Keep in mind that this is a lab test, no traffic et cetera. My guess is that the raw number of VRFs supported on a G2 would be something in the ballpark of 1000 or more. I would also guess that the limiting factor would be forwarding performance before number of VRFs. I don't have a G2 readily available to test though. The VRFs were created as: ip vrf test<number> rd 1:<number> ! -- Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
