On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Peter Rathlev wrote:

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 10:01 +0200, Matteo Castelli ML wrote:
I am starting a project to implement VRF-lite for some customers,
does anybody know (or have a link to some Cisco documentation) the
maximum number of VRF-lite instances in the different ISR G2 routers
models of Cisco?

I tried creating a bunch of VRFs on a plain 2801 with 128M RAM running
12.4(24)T3 Enterprise Base. It's not a G2, but the results should not be
worse.

It seems that the number of VRFs is only limited by memory. Statistics
for processor memory:

#VRFs   Total(b)  Used(b)  Free(b) Lowest(b) Largest(b)
  300   55234624 33762740 21471884  21387108   21400832
  400   55234624 38923612 16311012  16234112   16255268
  500   55234624 44236524 10998100  10934664   10919836
  600   55234624 49404172  5830452   5754544    5763496
  700   55234624 54614228   620396    557736     555396


If I remember correctly another limitation that affects the number of VRFs is the number of software IDBs that are available in each platform.

"show idb" will show how many are available, and how they are used.

Regards,
John
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to