Thanks -- yes, I mean shaping.  I wrote that in the subject line, but had a
memory lapse by the time I got to the body of the message. =)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikael Abrahamsson [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 1:17 AM
To: Frank Bulk
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Low-cost rate-shaping/policing switch

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011, Frank Bulk wrote:

> What is the lowest-cost Cisco *switch* that does rate-limiting on the 
> egress and policing on the ingress, on a per-port basis?

In Cisco-speak, rate-limiting and policing is the same thing. Do you mean 
(rate-)shaping? (ie you want it to buffer packets, not just drop them when 
the flow goes over a certain rate over a certain time interval)

You can look into the ME3400, I believe this is one device Cisco intended 
to be used for your application.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to