On 09/13/2011 05:32 PM, R. Raja wrote:
Folks,

I'm migrating a working config from a sup720-10g to a sup2t, and get this
error message when trying to configure a
static multicast mac entry

sup2t# mac address-table static 0100.5e7e.b008 vlan 5 interface
tengigabitethernet 5/4 tengigabitethernet 6/4 disable-snooping

I'm curious why you need a static MAC entry for an IPv4-range DMAC. Can't you just enable IGMP snooping?


IP-based forwarding is enabled, can't accept group DMAC configuration

The sup2T has, IIRC, the ability to forward multicast traffic in "layer2" by inspecting the IP header. This is superior to inspecting the DMAC, because it avoids the possibility of group MAC collisions.

Since you're using a DMAC from the IPv4 multicast range, I suspect you'll need to disable this.

There should be a command to disable it, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is, and our devel sup2T is offline at the moment.

Hunt around in the config parser; I have a vague notion it might be something like:

vlan X
 no multicast ... ip-based

...or something similar.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to