On 14/09/11 09:59, Phil Mayers wrote:
The sup2T has, IIRC, the ability to forward multicast traffic in
"layer2" by inspecting the IP header. This is superior to inspecting the
DMAC, because it avoids the possibility of group MAC collisions.
Since you're using a DMAC from the IPv4 multicast range, I suspect
you'll need to disable this.
There should be a command to disable it, but I can't remember off the
top of my head what it is, and our devel sup2T is offline at the moment.
Hunt around in the config parser; I have a vague notion it might be
something like:
vlan X
no multicast ... ip-based
...or something similar.
Correction, you probably want something more like:
vlan configuration X
! something
OTOH it might be a "platform" command in global config mode; without
powering up my sup2T I can't be sure.
If your multicast traffic is IPv4, you can also do this:
vlan configuration X
ip igmp snooping static 224.1.2.3 interface g3/11
See here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SY/configuration/guide/ipv4_igmp_snooping.html#wp1075028
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/