On 10/07/2011 12:11 PM, Phil Mayers wrote:

Having now identified the source IP, it's coming from our switch
management networks. Our edge switches are Extreme x450, which do run
Linux. I guess they're electing themselves IGMPv1 querier because they
have a lower IP address.

Are the boxes you're seeing this on acting as queriers, or are they just
doing IGMP snooping?

They ought to be the queriers, and certainly believe they are.

Oops, no, I'm wrong.

In fact, multicast isn't enabled AT ALL on our switch management networks; they are in a VRF which doesn't have multicast routing enabled, and:

#sh ip igmp vrf DEVMAN interface vlXXXX
% Multicast not enabled for vrf DEVMAN

...which makes it DOUBLY irritating that the log messages are appearing; the 6500 is *not* the IGMP querier, so it should just shut up about whatever *is* the querier, and the interval it elects.

Grumble. I'm tempted to open a TAC case, but you just know this will be one of those awful "But I don't understand!" TAC interactions... Sigh.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to