On 19 January 2012 03:29, Dave Weis <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> This might not be possible but seems like it should be somehow. I am trying 
>> to find a way to terminate multiple inner vlan's in a single outer vlan into 
>> the same bridge domain. The intent is to terminate DSL subscribers that come 
>> in via ATM OC3 and then go through an Adtran DSLAM where each VCI is 
>> converted to a corresponding inner VLAN tag. For example, VCI 54 = inner 
>> VLAN 54. I can set the outer tag number.
>>
>> Looking at the data sheet for the ME3600X/ME380X at 
>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/12.2_52_ey/configuration/guide/swevc.html
>>  suggests that this device may be able to do what I'm trying to do but I'm 
>> not familiar with them.
>>
>> Has anyone done something similar?

>I'm not entirely sure if I understand you correctly, but if you strip
>the inner vlan on the ingress how would you know what inner vlan to
>assign to all egress packets that should go towards that internal tag
>of 54? For that to work the device that does the operation would have
>to remember not only the MAC address but also the inner vlan from the
>ingress packets.
>We solved this by making the BRAS interpret double tags and that
>worked well for us.

That's a great question, I would suppose it has to keep a table of MAC to inner 
tag as they are stripped.

Are you using PPPoE on your BRAS? This is for a legacy setup with 1000+ bridged 
modems at the far end.

Thanks!
Dave





_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to