Hello,

I am considering going to a cisco 7201 for PPPoE subscriber termination, and I am trying to figure out how I would duplicate some features of my current (linux based) pppoe solution. I use radius and am certain %85 of what I do is stock-and-trade for the cisco solution, the devil is in some custom things we've come to depend on.

        * per-customer ip filtering

Most customers have a default ip filter which drops all rfc1918 addresses, invalid source addresses, and prevents direct-to-smtp connections other than to our mail hosts. A very small subset of subscribers have a slightly modified filter which permits smtp-to-anywhere. I want to be able to set this via radius attributes but have no clue how I'd give any given subscriber one filter list vs another. The filter rules themselves could certainly be pretty static and not changing often, I just need to be able to tell the box which set of rules should apply per customer.

        * captive portal / source routing

Certain customers may need to have different routing than the default 'to internet' gateway. For example, I have a captive portal system that works by returing custom web pages for any request that gets routed to it, such as if you make this box's ip the 'default gateway' used by a customer. I would need to be able to tell the cisco to route all packets from some given customer - either by source ip address or, preferably, by interface - down to this alternate gateway.

        * diagnostic intercept

For troubleshooting purposes, we find it helpful to be able to use tcpdump to capture packets. We do it by mac address and sometimes by customer PPP interface. Aside from having a span port on the switch, is there any way we could get a feed from the 7201 for this purpose?

Thanks all.

Mike-
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to