I used the IP traffic export last year on a 3925. Seemed to work without issue. Was a lightly used circuit at the time, can't comment on the CPU impact, if there is any.
Chuck -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jon Simola Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:31 PM To: Cisco-nsp Subject: Re: [c-nsp] cisco BRAS operational questions On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Patrick Cole <[email protected]> wrote: >> For troubleshooting purposes, we find it helpful to be able to >> use tcpdump to capture packets. We do it by mac address and sometimes >> by customer PPP interface. Aside from having a span port on the >> switch, is there any way we could get a feed from the 7201 for this purpose? > > You should be able to do with with the IOS images that have lawful intercept. > I am not sure if there is another way I don't know about. IOS Embedded Packet Capture http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9913/products_ios_protocol_group_home. html or IP Traffic Export http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t4/feature/guide/gt_rawip.html I've read up on both but haven't implemented either. HTH -- Jon Simola CCNA Security _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
