You should note that lit is incorrect in regards to the FIB as was pointed out on the list a few days ago. Look lower in the document for the accurate numbers based on the included ESP. I believe it is only 500k ipv4.
-Blake On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 14:08, Christopher J. Pilkington <[email protected]> wrote: > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- > Hash: SHA1 > > I'm looking at the new ASR100x series boxes. > > We'll have 6 routers, each with a eBGP upstream and full iBGP > mesh. So, worst case, 6 full tables. > > ASR1001 literature claims 1M IPv4 routes in the ESP > documentation, which I'm assuming refers to the FIB. The FIB at > any given time should have one full table, correct? > > The ASR1001 integrated RP will accept 16 GiB of RAM. Now, > memory sizes are much different on this platform than before, > but even that given, this suggests that I can have many copies > of the DFZ table in the RIB. (No, we won't run "software > redundancy".) > > Am I reading this correctly? > > I requested a demo box from our SE, he told me it would be > months. We can't wait that long. Worst case, I may just have > to stick with what we know (72xx). > > - -cjp > > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- > Version: GnuPG v2.0.18 (Darwin) > > iEYEARECAAYFAk8q7ScACgkQEbYCi28Z3+4pcQCfeRH1nohjP6U6mWCqRC95xWHL > Kd8Anjc4Rn1Iv1kK8S+Nhd/0cQdjg29w > =V3N7 > -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
