Hi,

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 12:54:17AM +0800, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Sunday, February 05, 2012 12:36:34 AM Gert Doering wrote:
> 
> > What happens if ESP runs out of FIB slots?
> 
> My SE (and someone from one of the BU's at Cisco) said that 
> they think the only boxes that stop forwarding traffic 
> altogether due to congested FIB's are IOS XR boxes.

Ugh.  Now that sounds even less graceful than what the 6500 does :(

> All other boxes (IOS) will process look-ups in the control 
> plane CPU. This implies IOS XE will work the same way, 
> although I have no real evidence of this.

I'm not sure whether I understand IOS XE architecture well enough - but
does it even *have* a packet path to the control plane CPU (which would
imply that the Linux kernel gets to see the packet...?).  Interesting.

gert
-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: pgpj7EZB37UFk.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to