Guys,

That may be exactly what I'm looking for!

Do you think a regex filter for the exact ASN would work?

For instance, if my regex were set to match _174_ that would match ASN174
exactly, but do you think that's actually the destination ASN for traffic to
Cogent? I guess it would be unless Cogent would have some other ASNs for
various parts of their network.

Thanks again!

-Nick


> From: Jose Madrid <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:35:45 -0400
> To: Scott Granados <[email protected]>
> Cc: Nick Voth <[email protected]>, "[email protected]"
> <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] BGP Local Preference Question
> 
> To Scott point, check out http://www.fixedorbit.com/stats.htm and look
> at the top 10 networks by Peering.
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> On Jun 5, 2012, at 10:28 AM, Scott Granados <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> What about something like fixed orbit that gives you a ranked listing.
>> THere's probably sources of this data that are in more easily available for
>> so you could write scripts but that might give you a starting point.  I'm not
>> sure how good the data is but it should be at least a rough starting point.
>> 
>> On Jun 5, 2012, at 9:41 AM, Nick Voth wrote:
>> 
>>> Hello guys,
>>> 
>>> I have the need to move a good portion of our outbound traffic away from one
>>> of our carriers. I have done this by setting the local preference on certain
>>> ASNs in the past. My question is if there's a list of larger carrier ASNs
>>> out there so I can make fewer changes that effect larger amounts of traffic.
>>> 
>>> For instance, I'd love to be able to move "all" of the traffic destined to
>>> AT&T, Level3, Global Crossing, etc.,
>>> 
>>> Thanks very much for any advice.
>>> 
>>> -Nick Voth
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to