Nick,

> I have the need to move a good portion of our outbound traffic away from one
> of our carriers. I have done this by setting the local preference on certain
> ASNs in the past. My question is if there's a list of larger carrier ASNs
> out there so I can make fewer changes that effect larger amounts of traffic.
> 
> For instance, I'd love to be able to move "all" of the traffic destined to
> AT&T, Level3, Global Crossing, etc.,
> 
> Thanks very much for any advice.

At a previous employer, we used netflow data to determine where our
outbound data is heading and adjust local-pref accordingly. Since we
knew the traffic levels per ASN, we could make some educated guesses on
how much traffic would shift around.

--
Devon

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to