On 13/06/2012, at 11:01 PM, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> I don't need a unit which can handle 24x10G (240G) of sustained throughput 
> but I do need to plan for a handful of 10G handoffs which may do 2 or 3 Gbps 
> in the near future.  Two 10G uplink ports isn't enough, and the 7600 platform 
> looks to be ridiculously expensive for this sort of thing (not to mention 
> space and power requirements).
> 
> A cross between a 4500-X and ME3600X/ME3800X would be an absolutely killer 
> box.  Then again, I guess that would involve Enterprise and Service Provider 
> BU's within Cisco talking (Gert?) ;)

We have the same requirement - basically a 4500 with MPLS would have been great 
- but I don't think it will happen - so looks like we are stuck with 6500s or 
looking at alternate vendors...

Andrew
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to