If Two 10G uplink ports isn't enough ME 3600X 24CX has 4x10GigE - though it has other stuff you won't need and it's a 2U unit and it's twice as expensive as ME 3600x
adam -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Reuben Farrelly Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:02 PM To: Andrew Miehs Cc: scott owens; [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] VS-S720-10G alternative I have a requirement for a 1G/10G access switch also for a meet-me room project I am working on, and the 4500-X ticks all the boxes - except for the MPLS capability. The lack of this feature means I will likely have to backhaul data back to an MPLS capable switch or an ASR1k in another location. I don't need a unit which can handle 24x10G (240G) of sustained throughput but I do need to plan for a handful of 10G handoffs which may do 2 or 3 Gbps in the near future. Two 10G uplink ports isn't enough, and the 7600 platform looks to be ridiculously expensive for this sort of thing (not to mention space and power requirements). A cross between a 4500-X and ME3600X/ME3800X would be an absolutely killer box. Then again, I guess that would involve Enterprise and Service Provider BU's within Cisco talking (Gert?) ;) Reuben On 13/06/2012 10:44 PM, Andrew Miehs wrote: > Sent from a mobile device > > On 13/06/2012, at 22:00, scott owens <[email protected]> wrote: > >> for those of you looking at the sup720-10G or 7k ( I have sets of >> both of them as well ), take a look at Ciscos new 4500X 1U 10G/1G switch/router. > > >> With an SFP+ ZR optic this can do just about anything an X2 or XenPak >> 6704/6708/6716 could do. > > > Except mpls :( > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
