I agree, this sounds like the default QoS policy is applied, and the default FCoE policy needs to be used instead. Step 2 from Ryan's link.

Regards,
John Gill
cisco


On 7/18/12 6:37 AM, Ryan West wrote:
Have you applied the QoS policies needed for FCoE?  What do your virtual FC 
interfaces show?  You should see something like vfc# is trunking with a VSAN up 
and the proper FCoE VLAN listed.

Here's an example of non SAN boot FCoE config:

interface Ethernet2/4
   description To esx4 CNA port1
   switchport mode trunk
   switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,200,400-430
   spanning-tree port type edge trunk
   channel-group 124
!
interface vfc124
   bind interface port-channel124
   switchport trunk allowed vsan 100
   no shutdown

The SAN boot version is the same, except you bind to the Ethernet interface 
instead.

Have you already read this?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps10110/ps11975/guide_c07-686089.html#wp9000363

-ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of simon thomason
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:34 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Nexus 5596 - B22HP FCOE question

Hi All,

Not certain if anyone can help but I have configured a new set of 5k for LAN 
fine all up and running but struggling with the SAN config. Current I have 
storage attacked to the 5k fine but the problem i am having is with the B22HP. 
I can see the ethernet ports fine and in DCNM see the FCOE ports but they are 
not talking back to the 5k to attack to the SAN. Can not see Flogi entry for 
the fcoe ports.

I have followed the fcoe config guides closely but it seems like i am missing a 
step to attach the FCOE ports to the san management?

I know there is not a lot of details but anyone run into something like this 
before?

Good with the LAN side not so good with the SAN.

Cheers,

Simon.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to