Andrew,

Thank you for the feedback. The "Scrubbing" I am referring to is the
mitigation of DDoS attacks by re-routing the targeted prefix (In this case,
the longest I can advertise would be a /24) to be cleaned and then sent
back to me via ISP3. There are several providers that provide this service.
I hope this is what you are asking when you refer to "Scrubbing". So you
are stating I would need to advertise the /24 to ISP1 and ISP2 even though
it is matched by the /19. Would that not cause some traffic to be preferred
via ISP1 and ISP2 based on the BGP Best Path Selection Algorithm?

Thanks

Jen

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Andrew Miehs <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Jennifer Pruett 
> <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> Question for any BGP guru's; we have a couple of ASR routers as our border
>> routers which are advertising a few /19's. The question is not directly
>> related to the ASR hardware, but the
>> process and best practice of aggregating PI assigned space. If we
>> advertise
>> our /19's via ISP1 and ISP2 and then introduce ISP3 and only advertise a
>> /24 from one
>>
>
>  Hi Jennifer,
>
> You will need to advertise to:
>
> ISP1 1x/19 and 1x/24
> ISP2 1x/19 and 1x/24
> ISP3 1x/24
>
> Regards
>
> Andrew
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to