On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Jennifer Pruett <[email protected]>wrote:

> Thank you for the feedback. The "Scrubbing" I am referring to is the
> mitigation of DDoS attacks by re-routing the targeted prefix (In this case,
> the longest I can advertise would be a /24) to be cleaned and then sent
> back to me via ISP3. There are several providers that provide this service.
> I hope this is what you are asking when you refer to "Scrubbing". So you
> are stating I would need to advertise the /24 to ISP1 and ISP2 even though
> it is matched by the /19. Would that not cause some traffic to be preferred
> via ISP1 and ISP2 based on the BGP Best Path Selection Algorithm?
>

Yes it would.

Ah - now I understand. ISP3 provides the scrubbing service? Didn't realise
that there was such as service available.

Then it should be
ISP1: /19
ISP2: /19
ISP3: /24
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to