Thanks very much Clyde , i will dig into it BR, Mohammad
From: [email protected] To: [email protected]; [email protected] Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Scheduled EEM Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:55:05 -0700 Mohammad, Sorry for the delayed response – the Cisco support site was down for 20 hours on Saturday for scheduled maintenance. The Cisco Beyond web site has sample scripts that show how EEM script nesting can be done. Check out this example:https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2159362 The Cisco Beyond home page is at:https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/private/pilot/eem Thanks, Clyde From: Mohammad Khalil [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 9:26 AM To: [email protected]; [email protected] Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Scheduled EEM Thanks Clyde for the reply and the explanation Actually , I want to go with EEM I do not want the same command to repeatedly be done , I want to configure something once , after specific period of time , I want another configuration statement to be added or deleted BR, Mohammad> From: [email protected] > To: [email protected]; [email protected] > Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Scheduled EEM > Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:13:57 -0700 > > Mohammad, > > You are using two components that provide the same functionality which is to > schedule work do be done in the future based on a CRON timer spec: > 1. the IOS kron command > 2. the Embedded Event Manager (EEM) > > Use one or the other but not both. > > The CRON spec that you specified for the Embedded Event Manager timer of "* > * * * *" says to run the EEM policy once per minute forever. If you want to > cause the EEM policy to run once every 5 minutes beginning on the hour use a > CRON spec of "0/5 * * * *". > > The CRON Expression section at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron provides a > good overview of CRON specs. > > Thanks, > > Clyde > > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] > [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mohammad Khalil > Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 4:21 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] Scheduled EEM > > > Hi man , I have a question > I want to do a command one time at a specific time I mean , for example > after 5 min i will add a route after 10 min i will add another route and > remove the older one and so > > I have configured the below , but it keep running > > PE1#sh run | sec event manager > event manager applet MSSK > event timer cron name KRON cron-entry "* * * * *" > action 1.0 cli command "enable" > action 1.1 cli command "configure terminal" > action 1.2 cli command "interface fastethernet0/0" > action 1.3 cli command "shutdown" > > kron occurrence KRON in 5 oneshot > > BR, > Mohammad > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
