Thanks Nick.  I did some research on storm control.  If I set this up for 
broadcast and this happens again, all broadcast traffic stops on this port thus 
affecting all my subs.  Here is a quick breakdown:

Cisco 7206 - I have a vlan set up on a sub interface with a dhcp pool in it.  
This Vlan is then trunked out to a 3750.
Cisco 3750 - From here it gets trunked out 3 different gig ports to Ethernet 
uplink cards (Tellabs AFC equipment) in different geographical locals and then 
gets dumped to shelves, adsl cards and then to sub.  

The AFC equipment does not have the capability of controlling or monitoring for 
this type of excessive traffic.  In the event of a storm, or ddos attack, I'd 
like to be able to just isolate that mac or ip that's causing it and not affect 
any of the other subs on that dhcp network.

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Hilliard
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:35 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Broadcast storm Cisco Solution

On 26/07/2012 15:52, Rich Trinkle wrote:
> Greeting fellow Cisconians.  I'm hoping someone can point me in the 
> right direction.  Is there a way for my Cisco 7206 to detect if one of 
> my dhcp subs gets infected and starts a broadcast storm?  If so, can I 
> also set this up to automatically isolate that mac/ip and notify me 
> via email?  If not, what device would you recommend that I would pass 
> my internet through to accomplish this.  Thanks.

This is a layer 2 problem - you protect against it on your switches with the 
"storm-control" command.

Nick

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to