On 26/07/12 17:07, Rich Trinkle wrote:
Thanks Nick.  I did some research on storm control.  If I set this up
for broadcast and this happens again, all broadcast traffic stops on
this port thus affecting all my subs.

That is common (universal?) behaviour. Storm control is per-port on all kit I'm aware of.

The AFC equipment does not have the capability of controlling or
monitoring for this type of excessive traffic.  In the event of a
storm, or ddos attack, I'd like to be able to just isolate that mac
or ip that's causing it and not affect any of the other subs on that
dhcp network.

Broadcast storms in LAN networks (and the 3750 is a LAN switch) are usually caused by loops. In these cases, the source MAC address is every MAC address on the network emitting broadcast packets, so "per MAC" limiting doesn't make any sense. Hence, the feature doesn't exist.

As Nick says, this needs to be done at the edge to avoid the problem you're seeing.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to