On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 7:14 PM, John Elliot <[email protected]> wrote:
>The carrier has acknowledged that they see the following on one of there 
>switches when the outages occur:
>
> 2012 Sep 07 00:53:04
> UTC +00:00 %ETHC-5-PORTFROMSTP:Port 2/6 left bridge port 2/6
>
>
> 2012 Sep 07 00:53:23 UTC +00:00 %ETHC-5-PORTTOSTP:Port 2/6 joined bridge port
> 2/6
>

Ouch, I wouldn't admit that I have switches reporting those messages
still facing a customer.  The messages you show are from a device
running CatOS.  CatOS went End-of-software-updates in 2009.  There may
still be support available for another few months.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd80699e1a.html

> Just wanted some clarification on the log detail above - I believe it 
> indicates that port 2/6 lost physical connectivity, then connectivity was 
> re-established ~20seconds later?(And that port 2/6 is part of an 
> etherchannel?)

No etherchannel involved.  Just reporting that a port stopped
forwarding in that bridge domain (went down), then came back up.
Nothing here to indicate one way or another that you have CE troubles.

HTH,
Andy
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to