Thanks Andrew.

> 
> Ouch, I wouldn't admit that I have switches reporting those messages
> still facing a customer.  The messages you show are from a device
> running CatOS.  CatOS went End-of-software-updates in 2009.  There may
> still be support available for another few months.
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd80699e1a.html
> 
> > Just wanted some clarification on the log detail above - I believe it 
> > indicates that port 2/6 lost physical connectivity, then connectivity was 
> > re-established ~20seconds later?(And that port 2/6 is part of an 
> > etherchannel?)
> 
> No etherchannel involved.  Just reporting that a port stopped
> forwarding in that bridge domain (went down), then came back up.
> Nothing here to indicate one way or another that you have CE troubles.
> 


Cheers for clarifying the log - As the carriers switch that is reporting this 
issue(port down/up) does not connect to the EC's CE, and the outages for the EC 
happen at the same time....potential cable(or stp) issue between the carriers 
switches is the cause?
 


                                          
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to