Saku Ytti wrote:

I have been looking at IP SLA and was wondering whether there are any
appliances around which emulate Ciscos IP SLA so that you can use it as a
responder, or even better, the transmitter end?

Have you found any? I'd be very interested in commercial solution also.
Preferably one which does hardware timestamping.
I've written a small responder that handles TCP connect, UDP echo and UDP jitter operations (for IPv4/IPv6), but unfortunately I don't know if I can publish it for the reasons you gave below.
The protocol is easy to decode anyway.

IP SLA is proprietary protocol, so technically if you want to do commercial
solution, you'd need to buy permission for it from Cisco. And I know many
people buying dedicated Cisco CPE for IP SLA responders, so it might be
that companies have tried to build IP SLA responders but Cisco has said no.