Saku Ytti wrote:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cisco-sla-protocol-04
http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/app-notes/3500145-en.pdf

I wonder if those implicitly mean that you are allowed to build responder
or not. The Cisco draft is not really what we're seeing in real-life
(real-life identifies itself as version 1, draft is for version 2).

Indeed the packet format is very different...

How does your responder compare to the one I gave link for? Does it support
microsecond precision for UDP jitter?
Tbh I didn't know there was a "precision microsecond" command. From what I can see in your co-worker's code, this is handled by a different message type (with code 0x03) whereas the probe with millisecond resolution has code 0x02. Adding support for it
shouldn't be very complicated.
About the packet handling, since I only support TCP/UDP probes, I use the classic socket
API.

Christophe