Basically it doesn't matter much whether you inject 8.8.8.8 or 0.0.0.0 from all network edges and let IGP to find best path to nearest NH for that route.
I guess the question turned out to be What would be the best trigger for a default route advertisement either from the edge(PE) routers or core(RR) routers. -eBGP peer's interface might be reachable though the eBGP session might be down. -ability or inability to see a single route (or couple of routes for that matter), might not reflect the ability of a particular edge to perform full-table routing. I believe we lack the knobs in our route-maps/policies to do the default advertisement decision wisely We would need something like: Is the eBGP session operational to this eBGP peer? If yes than originate default [advertise it to iBGP peers]. Or did I receive certain number of prefixes from this eBGP peer? If yes I can advertise a default route. adam _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
