Hummm BT does it here in sweden also. And yes same complaints here. Bästa hälsningar / Best regards,
Gustav Uhlander Communication & Infrastructure Engineer Steria AB Kungsbron 13 Box 169 SE-101 23 Stockholm Sweden Tel: +46 8 622 42 15 Fax: +46 8 622 42 23 Mobile: +46 70 962 71 03 [email protected] www.steria.se From: Phil Mayers <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Date: 2013-01-25 12:25 Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Confirmation of Gigabit Ethernet autonegotiation behavior Sent by: [email protected] On 01/25/2013 10:57 AM, Andriy Bilous wrote: > I am still wondering - WHY? Our cable guys were always handing over Yeah, BT do this in the UK. It's inexplicable and frustrating. In *some* cases, I've seen them present a circuit with autoneg off, then fail to "wr mem" the config, so when power loss occurs, it comes back up with autoneg *on*, and the line goes down. You then enable autoneg, and a few hours later their NMS / clueless ops staff disable it... and the line goes down! I don't think it's technical TBH. I suspect it's just "telco" mindset - "force all the params to on/fast/full and it's better, right?" _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
