Owen DeLong on you! :) /64 = p2p link /56- = home subnet /48- = standard lan subnet
adam -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Gert Doering Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:38 PM To: [email protected] Cc: Gert Doering; cisco-nsp; Mikael Abrahamsson Subject: Re: [c-nsp] unknown interface for ipv6 route in 4.2.3 Hi, On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 07:27:18PM +0000, [email protected] wrote: > > I'd expect more bugs and unexpected behaviour - implementations get > > tested with "LAN = /64", and sometimes with "/112" or "/124", but > > I'd expect most interesting results for connected networks with shorter masks. > > i've seen some /48's - but /56 is more common in terms of > larger-than-i-expect-to-see networks On a single LAN? (Of course we assign /48 and /56 to our customers, but I'd expect them to be spread out, to be used on multiple LAN segments with a /64 each...) gert -- USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW! //www.muc.de/~gert/ Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [email protected] fax: +49-89-35655025 [email protected] _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
