Aaron,
I have customers who are migrating from IP SLA to Y1731 PM just because of 
accuracy reasons.
ASR9K, ASR903 & ME3600X-24CX & ASR901 offers hardware time stamping and PTP 
synchronization so you get much better accuracy and scale.
Y1731PM will allow you to calculate 2 way delay & jitter, 1 way delay using 2 
Way DMM/DMR & Loss through SLM.
You can also use service activation & ethernet loopback to conduct throughput 
testing.

Best Regards,

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/horizontal06.jpg]

Waris Sagheer
Technical Marketing Manager
Service Provider Access Group
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Phone: +1 408 853 6682
Mobile: +1 408 835 1389

CCIE - 19901


<http://www.cisco.com/>



[Think before you print.] Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of 
the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others 
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to 
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete 
all copies of this message.

For corporate legal information go to:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html



From: "[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:02 AM
To: "[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: [c-nsp] ipsla - latency - related to cellular backhaul

I have seen some latency (measured using ipsla icmp/udp/mpls pw pings)
beyond my agreements with some of our cellular backhaul customers..


We are concerned that if/when they ask to see their sla measurements for
their cell towers that we won't be looking very good


Cisco Tac is telling me that pings of any type (icmp/udp/mpls pw) are not
the way to truly measure the network and that I should be using CFM/OAM type
stuff.


I showed cisco tac a mpls pw ping test I did and it shows drops/time-outs
occasionally (!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etc)


Tac says that this drop and the latency seen using various ipsla pings is
expected since all pings are treated less than everything else and could be
getting policed by LPTS (I don't know what LPTS is)


What do y'all think about all this?


Aaron

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to