On (2013-04-26 09:55 -0400), Pete Lumbis wrote: > Some hardware platforms and offload ping, mainly Echo Reply. I know that > ASR1k and the GSR can do this off the top of my head (that is, I'm not > saying this is an exhaustive list). Echo Requests will always be generated > by the Supervisor/RP/Central CPU.
I'm not very familiar with ASR1k. But I believe if GSR does something special to them, it handles them in LC CPU, which is even lower performance CPU than RP CPU. I don't believe it has capability to handle them in LC forwarding HW. Of course it's still better than handling in LC CPU + RP CPU, but it's still significant cause of jitter. Also, I'm going to plug co-workers IP SLA/JNPR RPM responder for linux, it's quite easy/cheap way to reduce jitter cause by responder. Here's result happy user got from switching ASR1k responder to it: http://cmouse.github.io/ip-sla-responder/testimonial_01.html -- ++ytti _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
