The alternative would be to leave them on the existing 65oo infrastructure.
I agree, if you're single-homed your application is lame! These are really good arguments! I really appreciate it. Thanks On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Chris Marget <[email protected]> wrote: > What's your alternative for single-attached servers? The only reasonable > way to support them in a vPC enabled 5K/2K topology is to vPC-attach the > FEX. > > Having said that, I don't care for it. I'd leave the single-homed servers > attached to whatever infrastructure is currently supporting them. They > obviously aren't very important... > > Anecdote: One customer botched their software upgrades in such a way that > one member of a pair of vPC 5020s upgraded all FEXen (they were vPC > attached) simultaneously, taking out an entire row of dual-NIC servers. > > Also, there's the FEX budget to consider: vPC attachment cuts your already > limited FEX count in half. > > /chris > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
