Do you have the mate 5020 SVI configured as 10.8.200.3/24?

-dan

Dan Brisson
Network Engineer
University of Vermont
(Ph) 802.656.8111
dbris...@uvm.edu

On 8/9/13 7:52 AM, Christian Kildau wrote:
Hi Cisco-NSP,

we're having some very strange issues while adding HSRP to our Nexus 5020 where
both HSRP peers are up, but don't recognize each other, thus causing some
issues.

Our config is pretty simple, running 4 VLANs and VPC. VPC is up and the Trunks
are running fine.

We now added some SVIs for L3 routing which also seems to be working fine.
But as soon as we add HSRP config as follows:

interface Vlan200
   no shutdown
   no ip redirects
   ip address 10.8.200.2/24
   hsrp version 2
   hsrp 1
     preempt
     priority 110
     ip 10.8.200.1

we're facing some very strange issues.
According to 'debug hsrp engine packet hello' both sides do send HSRP Hello
Packets, but the other end never receives them, so both peers are in Active
state:

sw1# sh hsrp group 1 brief
Interface   Grp Prio P State    Active addr      Standby addr     Group addr
Vlan200     1   110  P Active   local            unknown          10.8.200.1
   (conf)
sw2# sh hsrp group 1 brief
Interface   Grp Prio P State    Active addr      Standby addr     Group addr
Vlan200     1   100  P Active   local            unknown          10.8.200.1
   (conf)

What could cause this?

Thanks for any hint!

Kind Regards