Hi, I'm trying to asses if we could use asr901 for our usual metro-E deployments (where we currently use ME3600x). L3 on the ASR901 seems to work well enough, but with L2 I've encountered some issues, especially around L2 tunneling. I've already managed to confirm with Cisco, that some of the functionality is not there yet, but determining what actually works proven to be more difficult. So I'm looking for any input regarding the subject.
I've tried to set up a simple dot1q to dot1q (both ends ASR901) xconnect: interface GigabitEthernet0/4 description tester (slave) no ip address negotiation auto l2proto-forward tagged service-policy output PM-CUST-DEFAULT-10M-OUT service instance 1 ethernet encapsulation dot1q 17 xconnect 10.122.129.254 4545 encapsulation mpls mtu 9000 (and identical setup on the other device) The xconnect comes up fine and forwards standard ethernet frames no issues. I can't get any of the L2 (STP, LLDP) stuff to work though. The frames simply don't leave the box (I don't think there is a way to do port-mirror on ASR901, so I have to capture the frames on the next device). I've got confirmation from Cisco that this wouldn't work with encapsulation 'default', but I hoped to get it going with explicit tag, especially with the ' l2proto-forward tagged' command. But documentation is scarce. Has anyone managed to configure this and get it working? kind regards Pshem _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
