On Wed, 2013-10-16 at 20:50 -0600, dip wrote:
> let me ask you this first ,is the destination 192.0.2.6 is a loopback
> on Core-2 or its a different physical device attached behind Core-2 ?
> If its a loopback on core-2 then i would suggest to put a different
> router attached to core-2 for accurate testing .

It's a router behind core-2 which supplies a default gateway in the VRF
we test in. My current plan is just to have traffic run through a device
that I can reload/power-off/destroy and see the the auto-tunnels do
their magic. Since I only have one connection out of the setup I need to
be able to use cost to make traffic flow along some specific path,
otherwise I'd have to reload the device with the exit and there would be
no repair path.

In a production setup I could easily imagine a link that had gone "bad"
one way or the other (like dropping 0.1% of packets) that I would want
to route around unless it was the only link. Or maybe we would need to
service that specific link. If auto-tunnels won't let us handle
situations like these it's not worth much. :-)

We can of course generate these tunnels manually, that's just a whole
lot more configuration than those three global-config lines.

-- 
Peter



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to