I concur with 9100.
Which providers have you run into problems with 9100?
I know certain cisco gear doesn't support packets that big for certain links.
The 3750/3560 series for example only support 9000 on gigabit interfaces and 
much smaller on 10/100 ports.

LR Mack McBride
Network Architect

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick 
Hilliard
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:40 PM
To: Eric A Louie; Cisco NSP
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Best practice, MPLS and MTU settings

On 25/10/2013 09:32, Eric A Louie wrote:
> If you used the method of increasing the MTU, what value did you use?

I aim towards a 9100 byte ip mtu, in order to guarantee a 9000 byte MTU for 
customers with plenty of overhead on our side.  Sometimes this isn't possible 
due to third party provider core link restrictions.

Nick

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to