HiYes , It's clear for me now , can you provide how to set the managed bit in 
the RA messages?I have configured the belowR1int f1/0ipv6 nd other-config-flag
And from R2 (the client) I can see that I can get the DNS and domain name 
configured in the DHCP pool
R2#sh ipv6 dhcp interface fastEthernet 1/0FastEthernet1/0 is in client mode  
State is IDLE  List of known servers:    Reachable via address: 
FE80::C800:71FF:FE4A:1C    DUID: 00030001CA00714A0000    Preference: 0    
Configuration parameters:      DNS server: 1::1      Domain name: cisco.com  
Rapid-Commit: disabled
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 23:12:59 +0200
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] DHCPv6
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]; [email protected]

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM, M K <[email protected]> wrote:

Yes I am aware of the ND and EUI-64 methods , but i want to implement this 
methodI have configured the below

R1ipv6 dhcp pool POOL address prefix 2001:192:12::/64 domain-name cisco.com

interface FastEthernet1/0 ipv6 address 2001:192:12::1/64 ipv6 dhcp server POOL

R2interface FastEthernet1/0 ipv6 address autoconfig

R2#sh ipv6 int bri FastEthernet0/0        [administratively down/down]    
unassignedFastEthernet1/0        [up/up]    FE80::C801:71FF:FE4A:1C    
2001:192:12:0:C801:71FF:FE4A:1CFastEthernet1/1        [administratively 
down/down]    unassigned


Now , I can reach this IPv6 address but the binding is not thereR1#sh ipv6 dhcp 
binding R1#

Even though i can also activate routing based on these addressesFrom: 
[email protected]
Once you enable RA on the router all IPv6 capable clients will get an IP 
address from the network you are advertising.

DHCP in the context of IPv6 (except for PD) is only used if you want to set the 
client DNS automatically, but in order for the client to go to the DHCP server 
you need to set the managed bit to the RA messages.

Hope this clears things a bit.                                    
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to