So 4.3.4 is not affected by this ? I want to upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.3.4. Anything I should be aware of that y'all can think of off the top of your heads?
Aaron -----Original Message----- From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Andrew Koch Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:03 PM To: Gert Doering Cc: Cisco NSP Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ARP on ASR9k 4.3.2 Hi, On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 06:32:04PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote: > > We did the same while waiting for the SMU. The SMU should not be > > needed for 4.3.2 - the "arp learning local" interface command should > > be built-in, > > so hopefully you are good to go. > > RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:cr2(config- > subif)#arp learning ? > disable Disable dynamic learning of ARP entries > RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:cr2(config-subif)#arp learning local > ^ % Invalid input > detected at '^' marker. > > Not in 4.3.2 Bah - 4.3.4 has the fix incorporated. On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Gert Doering <[email protected]> wrote: > > > *ROFL* - Sending out gratious arp on a peering exchange lan can > > blackhole traffic for others - IMHO thats an easy DoS vector - how > > could that be "fairly"? > > "fairly effective"... "fairly nasty"... dunno. > "fairly minor" - I dropped a word on my initial response. However, I would agree with your second choice. Andrew _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
