On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:47:39 PM Charles Sprickman 
wrote:
 
> We looked at Juniper as well, and honestly, their
> licensing seemed fairly opaque as well.

Juniper's licensing isn't any better, on the MX anyway.

You have to pay for licenses to support a full table, l3vpn, 
e.t.c.

The vendor's position is that rather than build various 
hardware iterations to fit different budgets, build one 
piece of hardware and customers can pay-as-you-grow.

Up to now, I've never been convinced by such a policy. Some 
licenses I'm willing to pay, most, I'm not. Why would I pay 
for holding a full scale BGP table if I'm buying the 
hardware for that very reason?

It's like buying a cheese burger and then requiring a 
license to eat it.

Mark.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to