I would agree with Gert.  We actually replaced some legacy equipment with 3925E 
routers, which left me having to support a single DS3 and an ATM OC3.  Since 
then I have replaced these legacy circuits with a 200mbit Ethernet, and a 
300mbit Ethernet link with no monthly cost change.  Each carrier was happy to 
upgrade the circuit with no contract changes or installation charges.

Ethernet connectivity is being pushed by the majority of the carriers I have 
been working with and many of them will even have discussions about providing 
redundant pathing into our facility going back to separate CO's.  In the case 
of Level3, they actually just included this free of charge which beats the heck 
out of a single pathed DS3.

Thanks,
Blake

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Gert 
Doering
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:39 AM
To: Alex Nyagah
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] SPA Module compatibility

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:18:40AM +0300, Alex Nyagah wrote:
> I have Cisco 3900 series routers and i want to get  E3 and DS3 lines 
> from a local provider. Which SPA cards are compatible with the 3900 
> routers. I have ordered
> SPA-XT3/E3 but from the various sources am not sure it is compatible 
> with the router.
> I will appreciate team advice..

There's good material on www.cisco.com about modules for cisco 3900 series...

  http://bit.ly/1eWROEy

What you need is "NM-" modules.

In any way, I'd avise against going for E3/DS3 - of all line types we had, 
those are the worst to troubleshoot, and also having the most weird issues 
(like "the signal from the telco to our PA-2T3 being too hot and requiring 6dB 
attenuation").

*Also* the interfaces are just ridiculously expensive.

I'd go for 100Mbit ethernet (not sub-rate) if possible - in many cases this is 
actually cheaper, as carriers who have seen the light are actually trying to 
get rid of E3/T3 interfaces as well.

gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to