Why not frequently pull the config using the config-copy-MiB, link and store 
the interface & service-policy in a DB (or I guess CSV) and use that? I suppose 
you could also just in time pull the config, but for every transaction that 
would suck.

You do need TFTP access for this...

Sent from my (old) iPhone5

> On Mar 11, 2014, at 4:30, Michele Bergonzoni <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> I am writing an automated configuration script, where I want to create a 
> policy-map and attach it to an interface, in some ME 3400's.
> 
> The environment is such that I would like to determine the configuration 
> commands to give, using SNMP only, i.e. without any "show" command and 
> without access to the CLI. I know this is terrible, but that's the situation 
> I'm into.
> 
> The problem is that to apply a service-policy I have to remove any existing 
> service policy from that interface, and to do that I have to know its name. 
> The 3400 does not support the CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB so I don't know where to 
> get this information.
> 
> So, if I do:
> 
> policy-map mymap
> class class-default
>  (whatever)
> 
> Switch(config)#int gi0/1
> Switch(config-if)#service-policy output mymap
> Policy map hismap is already attached
> 
> At this point I know that "hismap" was attached, but it's too late. What I 
> would like to do is:
> 
> Switch(config)#int gi0/1
> Switch(config-if)#no service-policy output
> % Incomplete command.
> 
> Or:
> 
> Switch(config-if)#default service-policy output
> % Incomplete command.
> 
> I cannot use "default interface" because it cleans too much. I could delete 
> the policy-map, and that would automatically detach it from all ports, but to 
> do that I still have to know its name. I tried to search in a complete dump 
> of the SNMP tree (from .1) but the name of the attached policy is not present.
> 
> So, if you read this far, and you know some smarter command that I'm missing, 
> that would be of great help. Of course there are workarounds, but in this 
> particular environment they are all very, very ugly.
> 
> Thanks in advance,
>                Bergonz
> 
> -- 
> Ing. Michele Bergonzoni - Laboratori Guglielmo Marconi S.p.a.
> Phone:+39-051-6781926 e-mail: [email protected]
> alt.advanced.networks.design.configure.operate
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to