Out of band management network instead of the console port.

Sent from a mobile device

> On 30 May 2014, at 5:04, Mike <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> The more I look at it, the value of the onboard management port seems to be 
> zero. While I love the idea of out of band and so forth, there are things 
> like aaa / netflow / snmp / ssh and so forth that I want to be able to do but 
> apparently can't be done with the build-in port, and so I'm going to burn an 
> official gig port to do those jobs instead.
> 
> Can anyone give me a concrete use case for the built in management gig port 
> or should I just treat it like an unwanted appendage and move on?
> 
> Mike-
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to