It has been my experience, that as long as you tie mgmt services to the vrf
that is hard coded to the Gig0 interface, it works perfectly fine. It does,
of course, need to connect to a network that has a path to your AAA, NMS,
etc.

While I don't likely have what some would consider a large deployment, all
of my ASR1Ks have been happily managed via the built-in mgmt interface.

-- 
Hagen


On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Mike <[email protected]
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The more I look at it, the value of the onboard management port seems to
> be zero. While I love the idea of out of band and so forth, there are
> things like aaa / netflow / snmp / ssh and so forth that I want to be able
> to do but apparently can't be done with the build-in port, and so I'm going
> to burn an official gig port to do those jobs instead.
>
> Can anyone give me a concrete use case for the built in management gig
> port or should I just treat it like an unwanted appendage and move on?
>
> Mike-
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>



-- 
Hagen Amen : Multco Network : 503-988-5227
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to