You might need to disable keepalive on that interface. It's been a long time, but I remember running into some funky behavior with the PA-1GEs.

Also, keep in mind that on that card, particularly if that's a non-VXR chassis, you probably won't get anything close to line-rate through that interface.

jms

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014, Joseph Mays wrote:

I have a Cisco 7206 with a Gigabit Ethernet card in it. I’m getting what I 
think is anomalous behavior, but I’m not sure.

7206, NPE-400


Slot 1:
       Gigabit Ethernet Port adapter, 1 port
       Port adapter is analyzed
       Port adapter insertion time 13:47:46 ago
       EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:
       Hardware revision 1.0           Board revision A0
       Serial number     24455260      Part number    73-3144-04
       FRU Part Number:  PA-1GE=

       Test history      0x0           RMA number     00-00-00
       EEPROM format version 1

The card has an adapter that plugs into it that adapts it for gig copper. The 
thing is, it shows a link light and up/up from the moment the adapter is 
plugged in, regardless of whether or not a cable is plugged into the adapter. 
Is this normal behavior, or an indication that something is wrong with the 
adapter or card?

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to