You don't need to specify vlan 1048.  With flexible Ethernet (service 
instance), all VLANs are locally significant (unless you need to trunk them 
northbound towards your core (presuming you have a VLAN-centric core and not an 
MPLS core.  My example implies the latter)).

I think you probably need to specify the second-dot1q (or whatever it's called) 
command for the range of inner tags.

Here's an example (I haven't dropped this on a box, so I don't know if it's 
correct syntax):

!
interface GigabitEthernet0/6
 description Windstream VLS IP.LVXX.xxxxxx..WCI.001
 port-type nni
 switchport trunk allowed vlan none
 switchport mode trunk
 service instance 10 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 1048 second-dot1q 1058
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 1058
 service instance 20 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 1048 second-dot1q 1059-1098
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  xconnect 1.1.1.1 69 encapsulation mpls
!
interface Vlan1058
 description WINDSTREAM-HOBBS
 ip address xxx.xx.xx.1 255.255.255.0
!

On Aug 8, 2014, at 12:17 PM, james edwards <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> I am trying to configure an interface on a ME3600 to accept Q in Q
> from a provider. The p-vlan the provider is using is 1048 and they are
> carrying customer vlans (c-vlan) 1058-1098, one from each site. I'm
> new to the 3600 and have not done Q in Q on it yet. I've worked up
> this much of the config but it does not seem right. Can anyone give me
> some pointers or links to help me along ? I've only got one customer
> site configed, there will be 14.
> 
> 
> !
> vlan 1048
> name WINDSTREAM
> !
> vlan 1058
> name WINDSTREAM-HOBBS
> !
> interface GigabitEthernet0/6
> description Windstream VLS IP.LVXX.xxxxxx..WCI.001
> port-type nni
> switchport trunk allowed vlan none
> switchport mode trunk
> service instance 10 ethernet
>  encapsulation dot1q 1048
>  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
>  bridge-domain 10
> !
> !
> interface Vlan1048
> description Windstream VLS
> no ip address
> !
> interface Vlan1058
> description WINDSTREAM-HOBBS
> ip address xxx.xx.xx.1 255.255.255.0
> 
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> James
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to