On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 04:37:34 AM Troy Boutso 
wrote:

> Ultimately I want to know am I simply hitting a practical
> limit of the box already?
> I'm very scared to enable more WAN links on these routers
> as I am affraid it will max out the available resources.

It's been a while since I ran any decent traffic through the 
NPE-G2, but if memory serves, CPU utilization was not always 
linear with traffic. But at some point, it levels out and 
climbs slower (given that you're not running any features 
that could cause this).

That said, this was back in the days of SRC, and the NPE-
G2's I have now are looking glasses, so no major drama 
there.

We saw higher CPU utilization at low traffic levels compared 
to the NPE-G1, but saw a slower climb as traffic climbed. In 
the role you describe, we got to 950Mbps at ~93% CPU 
utilization.

Mark.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to